Portenkirche is a former house of worship which served as Monastery Fürstenzell's main church. Constructed in the 13th Century, it was converted into an event space in the year 2008. Of the original church building, the historic sanctuary has been well preserved and remains one of its major attractions. Dating back to the year 1274, the same year when the monastery was founded, it was apportioned to Holy Margaretha. In the period between 1761 and 1792, the church was remodeled which included addition of some Gothic elements. Post the dissolution of monasteries, it was abandoned, with the altar and some other items being auctioned off.