The imposing Wallfahrtskirche Mariahilf possibly dates back to the 17th Century. Perched atop a small crag, this historic church was once an important pilgrimage site in the bygone era. It is believed that the Baron Marquard von Schwendi, Dean at Passau cathedral, had visions of the sacred Our Lady, following which he decided to move the chapel along with the divine painting atop the hill. The number of devotees visiting the site swelled and thus, the church was built in the year 1627 to cater to the growing number of faithful. One of its arresting features is the1729-built high altar and a Late Baroque crucifix.