Named after the prominent Italian born landscape designer of the 19th century, Carlos Catani, the Catani Gardens offer a relaxing refuge to all. The park is surrounded by the 1910 lava wall on the west boundary extending along the southwest till the Royal Melbourne Squadron. The park features a number of facilities such as kiosks, shaded playgrounds, rotunda, picnic tables, BBQs as well as drinking fountains. The playground features a number of modern play equipment for children to get busy with. Canary Island palm trees line the walking path that feature plenty of eateries and shopping options. Weekend pony rides are a special favorite among children. The garden also features several memorials and statues honoring historic events of cultural importance. Pedestal plaques feature names of notable servicemen and women.