Replacing a 13th Century structure, the beautiful Schloss Puerkelgut was constructed in 1728. The magnificent Baroque facade of the castle was designed by renowned Austrian architect Johann Michael Prunner. Over the years, the castle saw several owners until it was converted into an agricultural school. In 1975, the castle was abandoned due to its dilapidated condition. Minor reconstruction of the castle was undertaken by von der Fürstlichen Bauverwaltung in 2001. Today, plans of rebuilding the castle to a modern venue are being discussed. Till then, it serves as a dramatic backdrop for numerous cultural events including the annual- Medieval Festival Hexentanz and Feenzauber.