Originally built to serve as the showroom and office of the American Radiator Company, Palladium House, standing on the corner of Great Marlborough Street and Argyll Street, just off Regent Street is a magnificent piece of architecture and an important part of the heritage of the city. Built in 1928, the building is a seven story office block, constructed with polished blocks of black granite and ornamented with enamel friezes and cornices in yellows, oranges, greens and gold. The design was inspired by the American Radiator Building and had an inlaid champlevé design with Egyptian influences. Today restaurants occupy the ground floor of the Ideal House and above are residences. It is called Paladium House probably because of its proximity to the theater.