Built in the year 1852, St John the Evangelist's Church is a traditional, semi-rural place of worship. The church building is designed by noted architect William Gilbee Habershon. The building plan consists of a vestry at the north east, south west porch, chancel, nave and a tower at the south west. Antoine Lusson, a French artist has designed the stained glass fitted at the church building's east window as well as the chancel's other windows. The stained glass windows are dated from 1853 and feature quatrefoil depictions. St John the Evangelist's Church is categorized as a Grade II listed structure.