The Burg Brattenstein is a medieval castle that was first documented in the 13th Century. Earlier, the castle was owned by the Lords of Hohenlohe, who sold it to Bishop of Würzburg in 1345. The castle then changed many owners and survived both the World Wars. Post the Second World War, it was used as a refugee camp. The castle was restored in the later part of the 20th Century and since 1984, it has been the venue for the Röttinger festival.