The New Hampshire General Court, Governor and Executive Council offices are housed within this magnificent State House. Designed and conceptualized by Stuart James Park, construction of the building began in 1816 and was completed in 1819. The building was designed in the Greek Revival style, complete with granite blocks, a small portico, and huge arched windows. The structure is surrounded by more than two acres (0.8 hectares) of neatly manicured gardens with statues of eminent personalities like George H. Perkins and Franklin Pierce overlooking the grounds. The capitol is also home to 107 battle flags of the state. A guided tour takes one through the different halls, chambers and the adjoining grounds of the State House.