The present church was built between 1745 and 1760, designed by Giorgio Massari. The facade, however, remained unfinished until the early 20th Century: it was only in 1906 that the completions started, according to the designs of the original project, with only a variation in the upper ornament (a cross in the center of the marble top, instead of three statues). The church is so named because it's located next to the old orphanage, located in Calle della Pietà, where Vivaldi lent his work during the 17th Century.
While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of our listings, events may be postponed or cancelled without notice. Please confirm with the organizer before making any plans.