The beautiful moated Schloss Burgau dates back to 1313. The first owner of the castle was Amilius of Auwe. Over the years the castle has seen many owners till 1917 when it was abandoned. It was then purchased by the city Düren and was restored to its original glory in 1920. Ever since, the castle is being used as an event venue. Several concerts, festivals and music events take place here regularly.