Formerly known as The Sanctuary and the Digbeth Institute, O2 Institute Birmingham was once a grand Methodist chapel which opened for the first time in 1908. Over the years, it evolved into a cultural hub, until finally shutting down in 2008. A million pound revitalization program and take over by MAMA & Co. led to its re-opening in the fall of 2010. Despite refurbishment, this building restores its ornate facade and commitment to great music. With three venues and a capacity of 2,900, it hosts some of the best concerts and live entertainment in town.