Halle Tony Garnier was built between 1909 and 1914 as an outline for a larger city. It was inaugurated for the 1914 Universal Exhibition as a project for an "industrial city". In modern times, this hall has been used for concerts and exhibitions. Up until 1974 it belonged to a slaughterhouse and in 1975 was classified as a historical monument. It was also used temporarily as an arsenal during the first World War. The architect Tony Garnier was inspired by 19th-century glass and steel architecture, and imagined a pure concrete structure covered by a huge steel frame and a glass roof to let light inside. He was more of a theorist than an architect as his buildings included all the functions of a slaughterhouse. But today, the space is used for hosting various musical concerts, theatrical performances and even business events.