This mid-sized theater opened as The Globe in 1913. The Nederlanders bought it in 1958 and renovated it to make it one of Broadway's most popular show houses. Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne, one of America's most famous husband-and-wife acting couples, both starred in The Visit, which was the first play to be staged after renovation. The Nederlanders named the theater in their honor. The interior is beautifully decorated, replete with heavy velvet curtains - be warned; there is a distinct lack of leg room. Check the website for details of upcoming performances.