Strada Provinciale 49 - Taranto-Crispiano, Taranto, Italy, 74100
The Triglio aqueduct is made up of 203 arches which can still be seen along the majority of their route.
The aqueduct follows the direction of the Greek street axis which is the same as the current Via Duomo, and which, during Roman times, was connected with the Appian Way by a bridge. Excavations carried out in 1931 confirmed the presence of an artery which crossed the acropolis in a longitudinal direction.
In the Middle Ages the Triglio aqueduct fed the monumental public fountain built for Charles V of Hapsburg in the ancient Piazza Grande (today Piazza Fontana), and the same waters now splash into the basins of the present fountain by Nicola Carlino.