The Chiesa di San Nicola in Andria has Medieval origins and was later restructured in a Baroque style. It is located in the Medieval district of Bari known as delle grotte, made up of a tight network of narrow alleyways which were unfortunately partially destroyed in 1955. The façade contains both a Classical-Renaissance style and some lively Baroque motifs (for example the molded window). The interior (one nave with side chapels) includes a new choir, and a main altar in marble (both dating back to 1749). The wall decorations are by Vito Calò, a painter from the second half of the 18th Century.