Ware-Lyndon House was one of the most classy looking houses of its time. The 2 storey house was built in 1859 and is currently the last standing structure on Lickskillet neighborhood. Edward Ware, the first owner of the house sold it to Edward Lyndon in 1880. In 1939, ownership moved to the city of Athens that took over in maintenance and restoration, and in 1976, it was placed in the National Register of Historic Places. Post its reopening in 1999, it has been known as Lyndon House Arts Center and used as a community center. This Center provides the visitors with immense knowledge and appreciation towards art via gallery exhibitions, workshops, classes for art, events, etc.
While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of our listings, events may be postponed or cancelled without notice. Please confirm with the organizer before making any plans.