The new Museum facility is located at 1111 East Kansas Avenue, McPherson County. It is dedicated to the preservation of the historical and cultural heritage of the McPherson County. The museum has a large collection of art, artifacts, fossils and much more items. Origins of the museum collections dates back to 1890, followed by collections added in the 1960s. In present times the museum has approximately 25,000 items on display from areas of fine art, geology, paleontology, Native American history, and local history. The notable collections include ‘Skeleton of a giant ground sloth’, 'World's first visible synthetic diamonds', 'Works by the folk artist Anna Larkin', and many more items. The venue also hosts educational programs, lectures and social events.