Ever since maestro Theodore Thomas first raised his baton at the Auditorium Theater in 1892, the world knew that this was a first class orchestra to be reckoned with. That reputation has continued through such legendary conductors as Fritz Reiner and Sir George Solti. The group found its own home at Orchestra Hall in 1905. In 1997, after an extensive renovation, Orchestra Hall was re-christened Symphony Center, a place dedicated to educating young and old alike about classical and jazz music. Under the baton of Daniel Barenboim, the orchestra has continued its tradition of quality musicianship.