AmpSurf is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established to Promote, Inspire, Educate, and Rehabilitate (PIER) all people with disabilities and their families through adaptive surfing and other outdoor activities.
All clinics are closely supervised and each participant is assigned a CERTIFIED AmpSurf Instructor and at least one water assistant.
AmpSurf provides all necessary surfing equipment, gear and beach access wheelchair if required.PARTICIPANTS
Thank you for expressing interest in participating in the healing power of the ocean and adaptive surfing. Participating in these events can be a very rewarding experience. Please read the below information and then sign up for the clinics you would like to participate in.
All clinics are FREE to participants, we do ask all participants to do a REFUNDABLE deposit to hold her/his spot at the clinic. After you attend the clinic, your deposit will be refunded to you within 30 days unless you indicate to us you would like to turn it into a donation.Athlete Daily Schedule:
8:00- 8:30 a.m. Participants arrive* Meet, greet and suit up
8:30-9:00 a.m. Dry land instruction
9:00-11:30 a.m. In-water surf instruction
11:30-12:00 p.m. Beach break down
12:00-12:30 p.m. -Lunch
Participants are encouraged to contact AmpSurf in advance to make sure all efforts can be made to accommodate your disability. Please email email@example.com
Participants should bring the following items: Swim suit, Towel, Sun screen, Picture ID
AmpSurf will provide a surfboard, wetsuit, and rash guard. A beach wheelchair is available if needed.
All clinics require a minimum number of five participants, so we encourage all who are interested in attending to please invite others you know to sign up!
Deposits (the fine print):
1. Deposits are used to hold the spot for one person at one clinic and may not be transferred to other clinics or events.
2. If a participant has multiple people they wish to have attend the clinic as participants, a deposit must be made for each individual person.
3. If you are being sponsored to attend the event by an organization or other group, the participant must still make the deposit to secure the slot for the clinic.
4. Within 30 days of attending the clinic, the person making the deposit has the option to turn the deposit into a donation.
5. Deposits will be fully refunded to the original applicant provided AmpSurf is notify at least 1 week prior to a 1-day clinic and 2 weeks prior to a multi-day clinic. Late cancellations, (within 1 week for 1-day clinics, and 2 weeks for multi-day clinics) the deposit cannot be refunded and will be accounted for as a donation to the AmpSurf Learn to Surf Program.
6. If a clinic is canceled due to a lack of Participant sign -ups (less than 5) or any other reason, AmpSurf will return the deposit to all original applicants within 30 days.
7. Participants must arrive between 8-8:30am or they risk losing their slot. If a participant loses his or her slot because they are late, AmpSurf will make every attempt to get them in the water, but cannot guarantee it.
Slots that open because of participants being late will be given to those waiting on stand-by. A fee of $50 will be charged for anyone waiting on stand-by or signing up at the beach. This is not a deposit and will not be refunded, it is a beach sign-up fee.VOLUNTEERS
Thank you for expressing interest to help us bring the healing power of the ocean and adaptive surfing to our participants. Below is information on the day of schedule at clinics and a form to complete, so that we can get you plugged into our system and get you out volunteering as part of AmpSurf.
Volunteering can be a very rewarding experience. These clinics are not possible without your help. These clinics are also not possible if not adequately staffed. It is very important that all who sign up to volunteer make it to the event. Please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org As we get closer to the date of the clinic you signed up for, we will send out updates. AmpSurfs goal for our clinics is to Promote, Inspire, Educate, and Rehabilitate (PIER) all people with disabilities and their families through adaptive surfing and other outdoor activities. Please be sure to arrive on time and expect to have one of the greatest experiences of your life.Volunteer Daily Schedule:
If you volunteer to help out at an event, make sure you can commit for the whole event. The participants and your fellow volunteers are counting on you! We understand that circumstances change so please ensure you mail email@example.com if you cannot meet your commitment.
Please read our Beach Policy Manual found on www.ampsurf.org
6:30 a.m. Setup crew arrives*
7:30 a.m. All other volunteers arrive*
7:45 a.m. Volunteers briefing (all water staff must be present)
8:00-9:00 a.m. Participants arrive* Meet, greet and suit up
9:00-9:30 a.m. Dry land instruction
9:30-11:30 a.m. In-water surf instruction
11:30-12:00 p.m. Free surf
12:00-1:00 p.m. -Lunch and tear down